Bro. Michael Jacob
Texts : Rev. 22:16, Num :24:17, Matthew 2:2, Luke 1:78
The Morning Star in Greek “Phosphorous”
1. The morning star is very solid light. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. Heb. 13:8, ” I am the Lord, and I change not”. Mal. 3:6.
2. The bright and mooring star is the announcer of the rising of the sun.
Here is the greatest truth. As Morning star it speaks about the secret coming of the Lord for his church which we call as the “Rapture”, which is the harbinger of his open coming which we call as the “Second Coming”. “When the Sun of righteousness will come with healing in his wings ” Mal. 4:2 , “The upright shall have dominion over them in the morning” Psa. 49:14. “The night is far spent , the day is at hand” Rom. 13:11-12. “The path of the just is as a shining light, that shineth more and more into the perfect day” Prov.4:18.
3. The Morning Star is a great ornament and beauty to the heavens. Who is the object of worship and beauty in the heavens?
He is the fairest of ten thousand, He is the Rose of Sharon, He is the Lilly of the Valley. “who is worthy to open the book and break the seals thereof? ” Rev. 5:2, “I will call on the Lord who is worthy to be
praised” 2 Sam. 22:4.
4.The Morning Star is a very pleasant object and to behold. “I have a desire to depart and to be with Christ” Phi.1:23. “Truly ……it is a pleasant thing for thy eyes to behold …..Ecl. 11:7. “O when shall I come and appear before God” Psa. 42:2.
5. The Morning Star is a useful guide to the mariners. The wiseman followed the star and were able to worship God in the house, Math. 2:9-11. “Whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness”. John 12:46.
6. The Morning Star is called the star of the first Magnitude with respect to its brightness. Who is the one who rose first from the dead? Acts 26:23. The chiefest among ten thousand, the Head of the church, “Who being the brightness of his glory, upholds all thing by word of his Power” Heb.1:3, “Descended first in to the lower parts of the earth” Eph. 4:9, “He fist loved us”.1 John 4:9
7. The Morning Star is a terror to evil men who haste away at its appearing.
Jesus Christ is a great terror not only to wicked men but to wicked angels and all that love darkness. Why thou come to torment us before the time?” Math. 8:29. “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him that sitteth on the Throne, and from the Lamb”. Rev. 6:16.
8.The Morning Star is fixed in its position .
“And immediately I was in the spirit and behold a Throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne ” Rev. 4:2. He is the priest forever after the of Melchizedek, a prophet to guide forever, a King forever. “Yet I have set my King upon my holy hill of Zion” Psa: 2:6. “And I am with you always to the end of the world” Math. 28:20.
9.The Morning Star gives most of its light just before the break of the day.
“And it shall come to last days….. I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh…..” Acts. 2:17. Arise and shine, for thy light is come, the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee. The Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising” Isa. 60:1-3.
10. The Morning Star governs chiefly the pleasant and delightful plants.
“And they shall see His face and His name shall be on their foreheads. And there shall be no light there ……for the Lord God giveth them light” Rev. 22:4,5. “They follow the Lamb withersoever He goeth” Rev. 14:4.
11. The Morning Star is said to cause gentle storms in winter and moderate heat summer.
“Let not your hearts be troubled” John. 14:1-3. “The Son of Man came not to destroy but to save”.
12. The Morning Star doeth most service in winter because in winter the night is longer then the day. “call upon me in day of trouble, for I care for you”. “Son of David, have mercy on me”.
13.The Morning Star has a honourable name – “Son of the Morning”. JESUS hath a very honurable name – Saviour, Christ, Immanuel, JESUS the only begotten, the lame of God. Phi. 2:9, Mat. 1:24, Acts 1:26, John 6:69, Rev. 1:5, Heb. 1:4 etc…,…
14. The Morning Star is also known as Eening Star. So the same star is the beginner and the end of the day. Alpha and Omega, the first and the last , the author and finisher of our faith. Rev. 1:8: Heb. 12:2
15.The Morning Star isn’t hindered in its course by mists, fogs ,clouds or dark vapours. Nothing can obstruct its motion. “Is there anything too hard for the Lord ?” Heb. 10:37, “on this Rock I build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it” Math. 16:18.
Let us rejoice in the MORNING STAR that heralds the dawn.
“COME LORD ! COME QUICKLY”